- 1 pound baby carrots, peeled & washed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 16-once can garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup water
- Assorted vegetables - such as: celery, Belgian endive leaves, cauliflower & broccoli, bell pepper triangles, jicama matchsticks & snow peas soaked in ice water
In a medium-sized skillet, place the carrots with 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook until carrots are very tender. Drain most of the water & add olive oil, scallions, and garlic. Sauté without a lid for 5 minutes. Place the mixture in a food processor along with garbanzo beans, spices, lemon juice, and sesame oil. Process until just slightly chunky. Stir in extra water if too thick. Add salt & pepper to taste.
Drain vegetables; serve with dip & garnish with olives, scallions, and lemon slices.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving (of dip w/o vegetables): Calories 119, Total Fat 4g (22% Kcal), Sat. Fat 1g (8% Kcal), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 191, Total Carb. 19g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 4g, Vitamin A 23% DV, Vitamin C 16% DV, Calcium 3% DV, Iron 7% DV
Courtesy of www.5aday.com