Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE MGA Entertainment
Company Known For Innovative Toy Franchises Unveils Holistic Entertainment & Licensing Strategy At Licensing Expo
VAN NUYS, Calif., June 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- MGA Entertainment, the world's largest private toy company, today revealed its new strategy to attract more licensing partners. The company, which has been shifting its focus over the past few years from creating toy brands to developing family entertainment franchises, has invested in new talent to focus exclusively on licensing.
"We are at Licensing Expo looking for new partners both to create extensions of our smash hit franchises, and also to engage with us for inbound licensing," said Isaac Larian, CEO of MGA Entertainment. "We have recently hired an entire team of experts, some with more than 20 years licensing experience, to lead MGAE's renewed focus on building these key relationships."
"I bring two decades of Disney licensing experience to the MGA team," said Bruce Morrison, executive vice president, global sales and licensing, MGA Entertainment. "Despite my background, I don't think I've ever seen such great franchises, grounded in amazing toy creative, as I have seen at MGAE. There are some fantastic products releasing this fall, as well as projects with huge potential currently in incubation."
The entertainment properties MGA will be exhibiting at Licensing Expo include:
- Lalaloopsy™: For the first time ever, MGA will unveil Lalaloopsy Girls™, a fashion doll based on the #1 collector doll brand for girls 2-9. Lalaloopsy has always fostered creativity by encouraging activities such as crafting and baking. The brand also resonates with girls through character development and story telling via the Lalaloopsy TV show now in second season on Nick Jr. Now girls will also be able to engage in fashion and hair play, as Lalaloopsy Girls come with a change of clothes and lanyard hair. These vibrant 11" dolls represent a breath of fresh air in the fashion doll aisle at retail. A Lalaloopsy Girls movie will also release on DVD in December.
Other new products in the Lalaloopsy line include a full size Lalaloopsy Color Me™ doll, a Bake Shop oven that bakes real yummy treats, Lalaloopsy Babies Diaper Surprise™, which "poops" collectible charms, and pocket sized Lalaloopsy Tinies™.
- Little Tikes®: This made-in-America brand is known for products that encourage active and imaginative play, get small bodies moving, spark curiosity, create wonder, and let kids dream big. New indoor and outdoor products for fall include the Big Dog Truck™ ride-on, Cozy Coupe® Sport, Activity Garden™ 3-in-1 Adventure Center, Touch & Go Racers™, Touch & Go Bullet Train™, Splish Splash Sink & Stove™ and the Ultimate Cook Kitchen™.
- Moxie Girlz™: For the pre-teen girl who's deciding who she is going to become, the Moxie Girlz brand helps her explore relatable fun adventures fostering friendship, creativity, and imagination. The Moxie Girlz Ice Cream bike, available this fall, allows girls to become mobile ice cream shop entrepreneurs. It comes with a bike that plays music, a doll that really pedals, ice cream cones and scoops, and Moxie Money. Also new for summer and building on the success of the Moxie Girlz Poopsy Pets™ dolls is a Poopsy Pets™ app, available on the iTunes App Store.
- Mooshka™: The Mooshka legend says that they were once paper dolls, but one day through the power of friendship, as they held hands, they became sweet, huggable dolls. Mooshka are ideal for younger girls who are looking for a soft sleep doll. New for fall is the Goodnight Starlight™ doll that glows softly and sings lullabies.
- Zapf Creation®: This international doll portfolio sees expansion with an updated Baby Annabell® and the autumn launch of the Baby Annabell Learns to Walk. Baby born will also be launching three themed TV segments in the UK this fall. The first will showcase the Baby born® Interactive accessories: Interactive Bathtub, Interactive Potty and Interactive Vanity Wash Basin. The second will have a medical focus, revealing the Medical Laptop and Doctor Bed while the third theme will be princess-related and showcase the Princess Bed.
MGA Entertainment will be exhibiting in booth P161 at the 2014 Licensing Expo June 17-19 in Las Vegas.
About MGA Entertainment ?
MGA Entertainment, a consumer entertainment products company headquartered in Van Nuys, California, manufactures innovative lines of proprietary and licensed products including toys and games, dolls, consumer electronics, home decor, stationery and sporting goods. The MGA family includes award-winning brands such as Little Tikes®, Lalaloopsy™, Moxie Girlz™, Mooshka™, Bratz®, and Zapf Creation®. For more information please visit www.mgae.com.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.