KMPH “UNIVERSAL STUDIOS – MINION MAYHEM” CONTEST RULESClick To Enter OnlineClick To Enter On Facebook
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the KMPH viewing area, and be existing users of Facebook, if entering via Facebook. Entrants cannot have won any contest/prize from KMPH in the thirty (30) days prior to June 16, 2014.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Fresno, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station KMPH (the “Station”), Universal Studios, Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com
, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry allowed per household.
(b) To enter, log onto the Station’s Facebook page located at http://www.facebook.com/KMPHFOX26
and click “Like,” then click on the KMPH Contests button to access the Universal Studios online entry form. Alternatively, you can enter the contest via the Station’s web site, http://www.kmph.com
by clicking on the Universal Studios link under the Contest drop-down menu. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, telephone number, birth date, and “Submit.” No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on June 16, 2014, and ends on June 30, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received by Station by 11:59 p.m. PDT on June 27, 2014, to be considered for the drawing. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) On June 30, 2014, one (1) grand prize winner and twenty (20) second place winners will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station, and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Twenty (20) second place winners will each receive two (2) one-day passes to Universal Studios Hollywood, valued at $184. The passes are subject to the terms and conditions of Universal Studios, and blackout dates apply. A list of blackout dates will be provided to the winners. Passes are valid through November 30, 2014. Passes may not be sold, exchanged or otherwise transferred by winner.
One (1) grand prize winner will win a three (3) day, two (2) night prize package to Universal Studios Hollywood for four (4). The grand prize package includes two (2) nights standard hotel accommodations (one room, quadruple occupancy) at the Universal Sheraton (or at another on-site hotel as determined by the prize provider in their sole discretion), two (2) days of admission passes for four (4) to Universal Studios Hollywood, including front of the line privileges for the Despicable Me Minion Mayhem ride. Admission passes are subject to the terms and conditions of Universal Studios. Passes may not be sold, exchanged or otherwise transferred by winner. The trip package does not include, without limitation, any meals, transportation, gratuities, trip cancellation insurance, incidentals, miscellaneous fees or any other expenses. The entire prize package must be used before November 30, 2014. Hotel reservations are subject to availability, and must be booked directly with the provider at least sixty (60) days in advance. Blackout dates apply; a list of blackout dates will be provided to the winner. Total value of the grand prize package is $1,870.
2. Each winner will be notified by telephone. Before claiming prizes, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within seven (7) days of notification at the time each winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. All persons traveling with the grand prize winner must be 18 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of all of the minors. All persons traveling on the trip must also sign and return a release, which must be returned with the grand prize winner’s release and affidavit of eligibility within the time frame specified above. Each winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within three (3) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected by random drawing from among remaining valid entries, as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion. Failure to collect all prizes by July 25, 2014, will constitute forfeiture of the prizes. If forfeited, the prizes will then remain the property of Station, and alternate winners will not be selected.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must complete and sign a Form W-9.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Television of Fresno, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. The Station, sponsors, and prize provider shall not be responsible for winner’s failure to use the prizes within the time frame described above, or cancellation of the prize package by the grand prize winner.
8. Sinclair Television of Fresno, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Television of Fresno, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KMPH, 5111 E. McKinley Ave., Fresno, CA 93727, and on the Station’s website at http://www.kmph.com
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KMPH, 5111 E. McKinley Ave., Fresno, CA 93727, by July 31, 2014.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Fresno, LLC, Universal Studios, Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com
, and The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes, or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes, and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com
, and their respective parents, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
8. Facebook, Inc., and www.facebook.com
(collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.