Great Day's workplace expert, Louise Bauer Davoli, visited Great Day to talk about how to ease the tension when giving or getting performance reviews.
Before your review:
* Know what the process is - what you need to do first
* Be prepare - have a list of your accomplishments
* If you have a poor review, make sure you and your boss are clear on your role
* Have a take away message. Be open to the need to step it up
Tips for those giving the review:
* Communicate the process with the employee
* Schedule consistently, usually annual
* Give examples of good, not just bad
* Reflect on accomplishments and ways to improve
* Focus on the future
If you have a workplace question for Louise, email GreatDay@KMPH.com and put "Takin' Care of Business" in the subject line.