A cat and helpful neighbors are being praised for helping people out of a burning home early this morning.
The fire started on an awning and spread to the home just after 2:00 a.m. at Warren and Garland near Dakota and West in Fresno.
Four people were inside when the fire broke out.
Three were able to get out with the help of some neighbors, but firefighters had to pull an elderly woman from the home.
Firefighters say the woman had no pulse at the time, but they performed CPR and she was revived.
The woman was taken to the hospital where she is listed in critical condition.
Firefighters say they're not sure if the smoke alarm was working, but that the family inside the home may have been alerted to the fire by their cat.
Sadly the cat did not make it out of the home.
The cause of the fire was an overheated electrical circuit.
There was about $80,000 worth of damage to the home.