The Fresno Unified School District will host a series of immunization clinics as well as well-child and sports physicals this month.
The clinics will be held at the Fresno Unified Media Center at 3132 E. Fairmont Avenue from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Aug. 13 and from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Aug. 21 and 28.
Kindergarten through 7th-grade students have immunization requirements before the start of school.
All students entering Kindergarten are required to have been vaccinated against Polio,diphtheria, pertussis and tetanus, mumps, measles and rubella, Hepatitis B, and Varicella. All students entering 7th grade have to show proof of vaccination against Pertussis, or Whooping Cough.
Below are the requirements to be vaccinated or see a certified medical professional for a physical are as follows:
Immunizations for kindergarten and 7th grade
- No appointment necessary
- Free for Medi-Cal, uninsured or those who qualify on the basis of income (call 457-3294 to check eligibility.)
- Tdap vaccine is free for all Fresno Unified students
- Parent or guardian must accompany student and bring current immunization record
- Well-Child and Sports Physicals
- By appointment only: Call 457-3294 to schedule an appointment
- Parent/Legal guardian must accompany student
- Bring current immunization record
- Bring current card if insured by Medi-Cal
- Wear comfortable clothes and running shoes for sports physicals
- Free of charge
- Immunization Clinic Schedule