Girl Badly Burned While Being Treated for Lice - KMPH FOX 26 | Central San Joaquin Valley News Source

Girl Badly Burned While Being Treated for Lice

Posted: Updated:
ATWATER, Calif. (KMPH) -

It's not how a North Valley family wanted to spend their Christmas – but they had to spend part of the holiday at the hospital after their 8-year-old was badly burned in an accident.

It happened while they were treating the girl for head lice.

Merced County firefighters say family members in Atwater were putting medicine on the girl's head, but they were near a lit candle, and the vapors from the medication sparked, and caught fire.

The girl was hurt pretty bad - she has second and third degree burns on her face, chest, and back.

She was flown to the burn center in Fresno.

Her father was also burned, but did not need to be treated at the hospital.

It's not how a North Valley family wanted to spend their Christmas – but they're spending it at the hospital after their 8-year-old girl was badly burned in an accident.

It happened while they were treating her for head lice.

Merced County firefighters say family members in Atwater were putting medicine on the girl's head, but they were near a lit candle, and the vapors from the medication sparked, and caught fire.

The girl was hurt pretty bad - she has second and third degree burns on her face, chest, and back.

She was flown to the burn center in Fresno.

Her father was also burned, but did not need to be treated at the hospital.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KMPH. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.