Fire Destroys Mobile Home Near Kerman - KMPH FOX 26 | Central San Joaquin Valley News Source

Fire Destroys Mobile Home Near Kerman

Posted: Updated:
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KMPH) -

A family was looking for a new place to live Wednesday after a fire destroyed their mobile home near Kerman.

Fresno firefighters say they got a call shortly after 7 a.m. regarding the burning home on Sycamore and Clinton avenues.

When they got there, crews found a woman who was having trouble breathing because of the smoke.

Two other people lived inside the home and were able to get out safely.

Investigators believe the fire was started either by candles or extension cords. They say the home did not have a smoke detector.

"The occupant stated she was alerted by the smell of smoke, not the sound of a smoke detector. So this time of year make sure you have smoke detectors, make sure they're working, it could save your life," said Fresno Fire Battalion Chief Ron Stoggdell.

The Red Cross was helping the family find a place to stay.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KMPH. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.