Summer vacation is in full swing, but that also may mean that your family is spending more time online.
Marriage and family therapist Paul Mavrogeorge shares some ways to make sure everyone stays safe on the Internet.
- Make sure computer is in centralized area.
- Use computerized resources to limit areas where children can go.
- For older children make sure some type of monitoring software is on all computers and smart phones.
- If children are utilizing social networking sites parents must have access to those sites
- Have frequent conversations with older children about where they're going on the net and encourage ongoing safety.
- Set clear time limits for older children when being on the net is acceptable.
If you have a question or comment for Paul, email us at GreatDay@KMPH.com or contact him at Link Care: (559) 439-2647.
You can also check out more advice from Paul on the Mavrogeorge Monday Facebook page.