Job listing submitted by VERENGO SOLAR
SOLAR SALES CONSULTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
VERENGO SOLAR is changing the way America thinks about solar! As the #1 residential solar integrator based in Southern California, Verengo offers comprehensive financial options and superior customer service, and consistently earns an A+ with the Better Business Bureau. Verengo has reduced carbon emissions through its solar power systems, accomplishing the equivalent of planting 192,000 acres of trees, taking more than 76,000 cars off the road and saving homeowners $160 million in energy costs over the lifetime of Verengo's installed systems to date.
Due to growth, we are currently seeking Solar Sales Consultants to join our Sales team.
We are looking for candidates who are committed to bringing our values to life:
-Trust -- we build trust with every interaction.
-Responsibility -- we do good and we do well.
-Uncompromising -- we deliver what we promise.
-Smart -- we learn from experience and find ways to improve.
-Team -- we rely on each other to succeed.
-Enthusiastic -- we love what we do and have fun doing it.
-Dynamic -- we drive and embrace change
Solar Sales Consultants are responsible for driving the growth and profitability of the company through customizing the design of each customer's solar system to meet that customer's unique needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct 1 -3 In-Home Solar Consultations per day.
- Build trust and rapport with prospective customers.
- Conduct accurate in-home needs assessments and corresponding analysis.
- Engineer compelling energy solutions that Save Energy, Save the Environment and Save Money.
- Deliver outstanding presentations that create a high sense of urgency to act now.
- Resolve concerns and eliminate obstacles to going solar.
- Follow-up on post-sale logistics.
- Follow-up on sales pipeline.
- Generate additional revenue through networking and referrals.
- Attend company and departmental meetings as directed.
- Participate in ongoing training, development and certifications.
- Partner with cross-functional departments to accomplish mutual objectives.
- Communicate and share best practices.
- Other actions and assignments as appropriate.
Experience and Education
o 5 years of achievement in a consultative sales environment.
o 3-5 years of experience as a successful first-time closer.
o 1-2 years of success with in-home sales.
o Comfort and confidence in the sale of financial and/or professional services.
Other Qualifications and Success Characteristics
o Previous solar sales experience is NOT required; however, previous solar education is helpful.
o Professional appearance and effective interpersonal skills.
o Strong organizational skills and adaptability in a fast-paced environment.
o High urgency, high energy, positive, enthusiastic, self-driven.
o Collaborative style with internal and external customers.
o Ability to work a variety of hours, including nights and weekends.
o Strong written and verbal communication skills.
o Competency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Power Point and Excel.
o Competency in Internet navigation, the use of Webmail and CRM (ACT!).
o Reliable vehicle and insurance.
o Clean DMV record.
- This is a ‘road warrior' position – which means that almost all of your time will be spent travelling to, from and at customer appointments and events.
- Independent Contractor status position.
- 100% Pay for Performance compensation plan.
o Weekly draw on commission is available.
o At quota: $150K+/annual earnings target.
o No cap on commissions.
Job location: Fresno