Sometimes the easiest solutions for things may just be a matter of thinking outside the box.
The blog BuzzFeed compiled a list of some new uses for everyday things you might have lying around your house.
These are some of our favorites:
1. Use a can opener to open sealed plastic packaging.
2. Amplify the volume of your iPhone or iPod by placing it in a bowl.
3. Use a lint roller to clean out the debris in your handbag.
4. Use nonstick spray on the inside of your votive holders.
5. Eat marshmallows to soothe a sore throat.
6. Use a cereal container as a trash disposal in your car.
7. Use (unscented) dental floss to cut soft cheeses and cakes.
8. Pack your shoes in a shower cap to keep the soles from touching your clothes.
9. Use raw spaghetti strands to light hard-to-reach candle wicks.
To see the full list, visit www.buzzfeed.com.